Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor day?

So here it is ages since my last post. I still don't have my handwritten journal caught up. I don't know why I'm such a slacker, truly I don't. But, I'm trying that is all I can say.

The last week has been okay at work. I've gotten the impression that my supervisor, in her own inimitable way, is trying to encourage me to move on to bigger and better things, especially outside of the agency. I can't help but feel that she's attempting to help me out, but I'm not sure how comfortable I am about moving. I'm not bragging her, but I earn around $14/hr plus benefits. I don't know that I can go anywhere else and start over with those sort of numbers. The state is good to me, even if I'm feeling stuck in my position.

Friday night was nice. David was home, his weekly 7th Seas game was canceled due to school starting. That meant he was tooling around at home. Jen and I hung out on the couch and watched telly for a while. When the time for food came around, much later than I would have liked, we went out to Taco Bell. We came home and ate.

Saturday we got up and lounged around for a while. We got up and took care of some errands and then went to the D&G Pizzeria, it is in the same family as the D&G Steakhouse that we like, but it is a new location. It was good. I'm glad that my waitress had a nice arse, because her personality left something to be desired and she was a bit of an airhead. Still Jen and I had a good meal. Then we cruised by the comic book store. We chatted with Jim and Bob for a while. We cruised home and relaxed. Then ran by Wal-Mart to grab some snacks for the Exalted game at Danny and Elaine's. We were a bit late, but hey what else is new.

Sunday was over at George's for D&D. We got up and stopped off at a Moser's for snacks. We showed up at George's and settled in. Jim was there and was mostly human, I know I was surprised too. Adam brought his girlfriend over to play. I was quite surprised and pleased to have an infusion of double X chromosomes into the group. Ironically enough Tory played a halfling as well, which Jen typically plays. George managed to put us into situations that are challenging and fun. I can't wait to see what he does to us in two weeks.

Monday well we laid around and relaxed. We managed to get some laundry done. Plus, we watched Rocky Balboa and The Heartbreak Kid.

Tomorrow, back to the salt mines.

No comments: