Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What do I want?

Been too long since I've last written. There is quite a bit that has gone on. Some good and some bad.

The first good thing that happened was I had an interview for a promotion at work. Things felt like the stars were aligned and I had a great inside track on the job. Sadly, I soon discovered this was not to be. The part that really pisses me off is the arsehole they promoted in my stead. They gave me a line about what sort of person they wanted. They guy the hired, to me, is the antithesis of everything they said they wanted. oh well, theoretically if the stars align correctly, I'll have a shot at the second position (and possibly a third) coming open soon. I'm trying, very, very, very hard not to get my hopes up on this possibility. I can't tell if my boss thinks I'm worth promoting, but need more work or if she doesn't like me and thinks I just need to STF Up.

Went to a house party in Raytown (near KCMO) and saw Sooj with her mates Ginger Doss and Bekah Kelso. They were absolutely delightful. Jen and I left the house late, only late because I'm anal and actually think there is such a thing as a schedule. We had a good trip to KC and Jen even took a nap on the way. I tried that but she kept complaining about driving off the road! Just out from the event, we found a Mr. Goodcents and had food. There was a liquor store next to the Goodcents. We got Jen a 12 pack of Bud light lime. While we checking out the clerk made the comment, "The DD is buying the beer? I gotta get me some new friends." I couldn't help myself and said, "I do get other benefits" and then ducked out the door car. We then managed to wend our way to the house where the concert was taking place. I was a bit antsy, since the concert was billed as starting at 1900, and we were pulling up at 1905. Turns out the bit of rain that we were having caused the event to relocate inside. We were to the almost an hour early as they were resetting up. We managed to hook up with some friends we haven't seen in a while and meet some new ones. While we were waiting for things to happen I managed to knock my soda over. I didn't notice until I moved my leg and realized I was sitting in it for a while. Needless to say for the rest of the night I was standing up.

The house was not set up for a concert and Jen and I sat in the living room during the first set. We could hear fairly well and I got to stand in front of a fan. During the intermission we bought some souvenirs. The gracious Sooj happily signed them for us. Then we decided to try to get in the main room with the party. We found a seat by the door, Jen got a back rest and I could stand up. We had a really good view. I rotated out to let people loom in the doorway, like I was. The music was good, the company was great and towards the end a nice young lady (whom I'd moved out of the way for) knelt down to let me see better and I got a great view of her slight dusty bare feet. What a night!

We stayed until almost 0100. Sadly, we still had to drive home, so we had to hit the road. We made it safe and sound.

The fourth of July has come and gone. We had a really good time. We went down to Jen's grandparents. Mostly I sat out of the way and didn't speak until I was spoken to. Then we stopped by her folks. Her mom asked us to take Jen's nephew to work. We were a bit delayed to our friends. We drove home and headed out to Suavo's. We had a wonderful night. Jen and Suavo managed to make things go boom!

Not long now and the rest of my family is heading back to England for my cousin's wedding. Sadly, Jen and I can not go. However, we're getting back on our feet financially.

Still, I think I'm over being pissed about not getting the job.

Mostly, I'm trying to answer the question what do I want? I'm really not sure I know the answer.

No comments: