Thursday, January 22, 2009

Self indulgent crap? or 2008 in review

I haven't written in quite a while. Our computer got sick and had to go into the shop. We had to have the hard drive reformatted and Windows XP reinstalled. Sadly, we lost all of our data as well as all of our Microsoft products. Not too big of a loss, they installed Open Office for us. the biggest loss is the bookmarks for places we didn't visit that often.

While I've been away both the calendar and lunar new years have come and gone. This always brings thoughts of the past year's accomplishments and failures. On the failure score I didn't manage to exercise or write more and I went nowhere at work. For accomplishments i manged to keep my job, my wife and get my blood sugar under better control. I'm further towards being financially equal. That is something to be proud of. Looking back at my list from last year I didn't manage to achieve many of those goals.

For the coming year I'm going to try and achieve more of my goals.

I. Exercise
A. Tai Chi
1. I will learn one new more on Sunday and practice it through the week. The second part of this is to be more diligent and consistent in my practice.
B. I need to look for a gym. I'd like to start working out. I know it would help my blood sugar and waist line.

II. Writing
A. Blogs
1. I need to write at least weekly, but daily would be preferable.
B. Fiction
1. Practice is the only way I'm going to develop the skills to hone.
a. I need to complete one story a month. Starting 1 February I will start working a story and follow it through the month.

III. Education
A. Return to school
1. Perhaps a fiction writing class will help spur my to write.
2. A degree would enhance my chances of obtaining a probation and parole officer position.

IV. Attitude
A. I will be more aware of my moods and attempt to counteract my fits of depression.
B. I will make a concerted effort to be kinder. I've been made aware that I take my moods out on those around me. One more item on the list that is Project Bob.

I'm not sure what all of this means. I don't know what I'm going to do with all of this. I don't know why I'm listing all of this, at most 5 people look at this blog. For those few, those happy few, I'm asking you to aid my quest to write daily. Please list any questions or topics you'd like to see my expound upon.

There, in a nutshell, is my 2008 year in review. I managed to improve my finances and hopefully myself.

No comments: